NOBODY 'NOSE'

Dear Pastor,

I am a 16-year-old with a big problem. Ever since I entered high school (an all girls' school), I have been teased about the size of my nose. I am so embarrassed to tell you about this because I think people will say it is stupid. People always tease me and call me 'big nose'. I used to pretend it didn't hurt, but I would leave and hide somewhere to cry. It would not hurt so bad if it was just at school, but even some of my family members do this.

When I go to visit my father in New York, my stepmother and her sister would always laugh at me in my presence. She would be nice to me, but if something happens, like if I put on facial mask, she and her sister (who doesn't live with them) would laugh and say "It shows up her big nose even more." This has happened on more than one occasion.

I HATE MY FACE

I hate my face. Many people have criticised my nose and as a result I have very low self esteem. I always hold my head down when I am walking on the road and when I am talking to people. I would love to get a nose job, but I do not want to offend God, since He made me this way. I don't know what to do.

Another problem is that my dad has filed for me and I am going to live with them very soon. I am afraid because the entire family makes me feel bad about myself and I know they talk bad about me behind my back. I don't want to live there. I feel so bad.

É.., Jamaica

Dear E..,

I just want to tell you that I love you and I want you to know that God loves you too more than anybody in the world. I want to assure you that when the time is right and you are ready to do plastic surgery on your nose, God is not going to be displeased with you. Right now the people you have around you such as your relatives and schoolmates are making life miserable for you. Some do it out of ignorance. They don't understand how much the things that they are saying about your nose are affecting you. They are insensitive.

I want you to be strong and to accept your state until you are able to change it. It would be nice if you have a good rapport with your dad to tell him what you have been going through and to ask him whether he is able financially to pay for you to do plastic surgery. Perhaps that would be asking too much of him, but you can still try. On the other hand, you may want to wait until you are able to pay for the surgery.

That would take a while, but in the mean time you can excel in school and surpass those who have small and straight noses.

So pray and ask God to help you not to fret. Don't hang your head down when you are walking or talking to folks. Have confidence in yourself. You are still a pretty girl and you are God's child.

Pastor

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM? IS SOMETHING BOTHERING YOU?

WRITE TO: TELL ME PASTOR, DR. AARON DUMAS, P.O. BOX 188, KING STREET, KINGSTON. FOR PERSONAL REPLIES PLEASE INCLUDE A STAMPED, SELF-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE. TELEPHONE: 929 - 1667/8

2 comments

  1. Unknown  

    June 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM

    please do not change your nose for anyone i have a big nose and i am teased alot but i understand that because u have a very low self esteem u do not take criticism very well. normally when i am teased i usually say, 'thank you thats how God made me and i like it this way' so when you respond positively to a criticism after a while it will stop and you won't even remember that u have a big nose like mine but if u choose to change it thats ur decision and i love u as well and i wish you all the best.

  2. Unknown  

    July 17, 2017 at 1:52 PM

    Dr. Ekpen Temple Your spell worked and brought my husband back to me. You gave me support when I was feeling hopeless. I feel truly blessed to have found your email address. I sincerely hope others will take that leap of faith and let you help them as you have helped me, for those of you who want to contact him reach him on his email address: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) OR WHATSAPP +2347050270218 you will never regret contacting him… He is capable of restoring your relationship and marriage problems like he did for me.