'Never Been Kissed'

Dear Pastor,

I am a Jamaican living in the United States of America. I am in a situation and I would really appreciate your fatherly advice. I grew up in a Christian home. There are certain morals and principles that my relatives live by. One of these principles is that I should not have a boyfriend until I was finished with school.

Being an only girl, my mother is very over-protective. Due to this every guy who wants to be a part of my life, I push him away. Now I am old enough to make my own decisions, working part-time and attending college, I am still pushing guys away. The thing is, there is this young man who I grew up with and he still cares about me. I am also afraid of what my parents will say because they know this guy.

I know that God has a plan for my life and He helps people through others, so that is why I need your advice. Thank you and God bless you.

C., Minnesota

Dear C.,

Do not be afraid to talk to your parents about this young man. You did not give your age but evidently you are now an adult. You should be dating and looking forward in years to come to having a family. Your parents, I am sure, are praying that God will give you a good husband. Break the ice. Tell them that you like this guy and he likes you. It is better for you to tell them now.

Pastor

0 comments