Miserable in the U.K.

Dear Pastor,

I am a 21-year-old female with limited friends. I don't go clubbing and I don't drink alcohol.

I am living a miserable life in the United Kingdom. I would like to return to Jamaica but I am afraid of what my relatives would say because I do not call them regularly. I haven't spoken to them in months because I am not working.

My stepfather sends me to college and my mother is here and she is not working. Three years ago I was in a relationship with a guy I thought I knew but I was wrong. He is in prison for life but we keep in touch by telephone.

I don't know what to do. My head is in a mess. I am frustrated. Sometimes I feel like killing myself.

M.T., United Kingdom

Dear M.T.,

Stay in the United Kingdom and get a good education. If after you graduate and you continue not to enjoy the United Kingdom and you are able to secure a job in Jamaica, you may consider coming home. But don't even think of giving up college and returning to Jamaica without a college degree. Do not give up the opportunity you have now.

Thank God for your stepfather. He is trying his best to send you to school. Give God praise. College life can be miserable sometimes. To some people it is a real grind. But hang on in there.

I have no doubt that the relationship you had with the guy who is now in prison has affected you. Perhaps you should stop calling him for a while. He cannot help you and you cannot help him. I am not here saying that you should never talk to him, but right now it is unwise for you to think about him.

Concentrate on your lessons.

You will bounce back. Trust God. Put away negative thoughts from your mind. When you are tempted to kill yourself, remember that you can lay all your burdens on Jesus. When you are depressed, call a church and ask to speak to the pastor or his secretary. They would help you. God bless you.

Pastor

0 comments