Wicked stepmom

Dear Pastor,

I am 18 years old and I live with my father and his wife in New York. When I first came here, she was so nice. I used to tell all my friends about her but they could not believe because of what people say about stepmothers. But of late, she has been turning my father against me saying that I am telling him lies. She wants me to do everything in the house. There is no way I can talk to my father because she has turned him against me. They have no kids together. If there is something to be done in the house, I am the one who must do it because I am a girl.

I have to go to work at 5 in the mornings and on weekends because I am scared to ask them for money. Whenever I ask them, they never have it. They even complain about this too. Because I leave out at 4:00 a.m., they say I am not going to work, I am going to my man's yard. I can't take it any more. I told my mother I am going to move out but she said I am to wait until I finish my college degree.

Pastor, I can't take it anymore. Help me.

C. B., New York, USA

Dear C. B.,

You would find it very costly to live alone. And even if you take on a roommate, it can become very costly. Therefore, accept the counsel of your mother. Remain at your father's house and try to co-operate the best way you can with your inconsiderate step-mother. Time goes by quickly. Soon and very soon you would be out of college and be in a position to hold a good job.

Pastor

0 comments