I miss my daughter

Dear Pastor,

I am a 23-year-old female. I am originally from Kingston but I am working abroad to make some money to support my one-year-old daughter. I am missing her a lot but I know that she is being taken care of by my mother. I will be working for eight months before I get to see her.

Do you think I should give up my job and find another job in Jamaica or should I stay away from my daughter for such a long time? After I have completed this eight months I will have two months home and then I come back for another eight months.

Her father left me when I was only three months' pregnant and now I am trying my best for her to have a wonderful life like any other child who has both parents. Please pray for me and I hope things will work out the way God wants it to.

Thanks for your help.

A.D.,

Dear A.D.,

I empathize with your problem. You want to support your child and do the very best for her. But I must tell you the truth. No money in the world can substitute for the amount of time a parent should spend with his or her child. Even when parents send all the gifts etc. from abroad to their children, the children yearn to have them with them. That is why some children love their grandparents more than their natural parents because they were left with them. And although granny did not have the money to give them, she spent time with them.

I wish it was possible to take your child abroad with you. If that is not possible, return to Jamaica and seek a job and support your child. You should also consider taking the father of this child to court for maintenance.

Pastor

0 comments